FREE optional lemonade recipe workshop for Lemonade Alley participants to learn the finer points on how to invent a great lemonade recipe. Youth, grades K-12 who may be interested in joining the Lemonade Alley challenge are invited to attend as well.
Featuring Professional Chefs
Expert chefs will demonstrate all the elements in making great lemonade, including:
You’ll also get a taste test of their recipes and roll up your sleeves and make a recipe with them!
Mentored by Lemonade Ambassadors
Past Lemonade Alley participants will be on hand as Ambassadors to offer tips and suggestions. You too can be an Ambassador some day and help younger folks get big ideas. So pay attention to how Ambassadors help you.
With Mr. Steve, Chief Lemon Head
Mr. Steve, founder and Chief Lemon Head of Lemonade Alley, will be on hand to help you think big and figure out how to do well in the taste test. Topics include:
Recipe judging criteria
How taste tests work
Tips on how to standout and be loved
Special prizes (organics, local ingredients, healthy, etc.)
NEW for Lemonade Alley 2017!
1. Tents & Infrastructure Provided: each team will be assigned an outward-facing table (5-6 feet) under a large 40×80 tent. Teams may dress tables, hang menus and build props in front of tables. Internal equipment and additional tables are permitted inside the tent behind each team’s respective table (approximately 8×12 area). Lemonade Alley will provide wash stations, limited electric power, fire extinguishers and dump stations inside the tents.
2. Signup at Workshops: new teams may signup at any workshop on a first-come, space-available basis.
3. Packet Pickup at Workshops: teams may obtain instructions, t-shirts and wristbands at any scheduled HNL workshop.
4. Pre-Sales Encouraged: teams are encouraged to raise money before the Main Event by testing recipes and/or creating coupons (official event scrip will only be sold at the Main Event). Teams are also encouraged to raise money and test recipes before the Main Event through pre-selling events.
5. Charity Coordination Encouraged: teams are encouraged to meet their charities and even include them in lemonade stand operations. Charities can help promote your team through their newsletters and should be invited to tell their story through brochures and greetings.
Lemonade Alley is a project-based youth entrepreneur challenge where K-12 students learn the arts of business and charitable giving in one event. Producer BizGym Foundation, a 501C3 non-profit, invites education and nonprofit organizations to produce their own Lemonade Alley events. See Start a Lemonade Alley » | Donate »