Lemonade Alley for Earth Day
Lemonade Alley is an eco-entrepreneur challenge for students, grades K-12, to raise money for a charity or school group of their choice. Participation is on a first-come basis so sign up early! Here’s how to get started:
- Organize Your Team: Teams of 1-5 students grades K-12 may be assembled from companies, nonprofits, schools, youth programs, families and/or friends. There are two divisions, K-6 and 7-12. Teams with students in both grade ranges must compete in the 7-12 division.
- Choose a Charity or School Group: Sales proceeds will first reimburse team supplies, then be subject to a 20% Lemonade Tax to help pay for the event and the remainder will go to a charity or school group of your choice.
- Join the Lemonade Alley Competition at BizzyB.com: Competition entry, team collaboration and project reporting are done at BizzyB.com, the online student innovation platform. Your team leader should open an account at BizzyB then enter your team in the Lemonade Alley Competition. The leader can then invite others to join the team at BizzyB. Teachers may also join BizzyB.com as a “Teacher” to manage groups, create student teams and add mentors.
- Select a Project Track: Lemonade Alley features four project tracks including planning templates for Food & Beverage, Upcycle Products, Arcade Games and Plant Sustainability. There is a $5/month/student fee for use of BizzyB project templates, however if your students are under-resourced, Contact Us for Free Scholarships »
- Do Your Project Anywhere, Anytime: Teams may do their projects anywhere, anytime between March 1st – Noon on April 21st. Participants outside Oahu welcome.
- Live Event Option: teams have the option to sell products in the Student Marketplace at Pearlridge Center Downtown, Aiea, Oahu, Hawai’i, April 21st 10am-3pm. A selector in the competition module will allow teams to request space at the live indoor event which includes a 10’Wx10’Dx10’H space, 1-6′ table, two chairs and power availability. Teams may bring in additional furniture and equipment. All stands should be made of recycled materials. Teams will be allowed into the building at 8am to build their sales stands. In addition to selling at the Student Marketplace, teams will be invited to the main stage to present products. See Competition Rules »
- Log Project Impacts at BizzyB to Win Prizes. Your team must log project results at BizzyB before noon, April 21st to be eligible to win Lemonade Alley awards and prizes.
- Join the Party! The Main Event is open to the public and features an all-team impacts reveal, family fun, entertainment and awards and prizes. Mark your calendar for April 21st, 10am-3pm, Pearlridge Center Downtown (indoors between Sears and Consolidated Theaters/Food Court).
Awards & Prizes:
Our prize team is hard at work rounding up amazing awards and prizes including:
- Recipe Placements in Restaurants
- Chrome Books ~ Thank you SuperGeeks!!!
- Gift Cards
- And More!!!
Stay-tuned for more prizes are added by generous sponsors!!! If you’re interested in donating awards or prizes please contact devin[at]bizgenics.org
Main Event: April 21st, 10am-3pm, Pearlridge Center Downtown, Open to the Public!
Got Questions? Contact Us »