Lemonade Alley for Earth Day
Lemonade Alley is an eco-entrepreneur challenge for students, grades K-12, to raise money for a charity or school group of their choice. Participation is on a first-come basis so sign up early! Here’s how to get started:
- If you are new and have not registered your team to participate in Lemonade Alley, Sign Up Here »
- Organize Your Team: Teams of 1-5 students grades K-12 may be assembled from companies, nonprofits, schools, youth programs, families and/or friends. There are two divisions, K-6 and 7-12. Teams with students in both grade ranges must compete in the 7-12 division.
- Choose a Charity or School Group: Sales proceeds will first reimburse team supplies, then be subject to a 20% Lemonade Tax to help pay for the event and the remainder will go to a charity or school group of your choice.
- Pick Your Earth Day Track: We have four projects that student teams can participate in:
- Lemonade Alley: Create a lemonade recipe & booth using recyclable materials.
- Cardboard Carnival: Create fun games from cardboard and recyclable materials.
- Upcycle Alley: Create clever products from various recyclable and reusable materials.
- Billion Trees of Aloha: Plant trees and support communities to become sustainable.
- Plan Your Eco-consisous Booth: This year lemonade alley is indoors. You don’t need to create a large stand. You will receive a 10’Wx10’Dx10’H space, 1 – 6′ table, two chairs and access to power. Teams may bring in additional furniture and equipment. We encourage booths to be arranged with recycled/reusable materials. Teams will be allowed into the building at 8am to arrange their sales booths.
- Participate at our Live Event: Set up your team booth and sell your products in the Student Marketplace at Pearlridge Center Downtown on April 21st from 10am-3pm. Teams may arrive the day of the event at 8am to begin setting up their booths. In addition to selling at the Student Marketplace, teams will be invited to the main stage to present their products.
- Day of Judging: We have three main judging events that will take place at the event. See Competition Rules »
- Booth Judging: Judges will be looking for booth aesthetics, use of eco-conscious materials and a “Food Safety Certificate.” The certificate is only required for teams selling lemonade, simply post it on your booth, Download Food Safety Certificate »
- Business Plan: Post your brief 1-page business plan on your booth for judges to view, Download Business Plan »
- Taste Judging: Lemonade Alley teams will present their lemonade to a panel of judges.
- Pitch Judging: Teams will perform their 1-minute on-stage pitch/performance to a panel of judges on why you should buy their product.
- Report Triple Bottom Line Impacts: On the day of the event, teams will report on 3 questions. The questions will be presented on a deposit slip and turned in to the Tabulations Booth.
- How many people in need did you help or customers served?
- How much CO2 did you offset?
- Simply weigh the recyclable, reused and biodegradable items that you’ve used for your booth and product. Please identify this number before the event.
- How much money was raised for your charity or school group?
- Join the Party! The Main Event is open to the public and features an all-team impacts reveal, family fun, entertainment and awards and prizes. Mark your calendar for April 21st, 10am-3pm, Pearlridge Center Downtown – located indoors between Sears and Consolidated Theaters/Food Court. Address: 98 – 1005 Moanalua Rd, Aiea, HI 96701.
- If you have any questions during the registration process, please feel free to contact email@example.com
Awards & Prizes:
View our list of, Lemonade Alley Awards »
Our prize team are hard at work rounding up amazing awards and prizes including:
- Recipe Placements in Restaurants
- Chrome Books ~ Thank you SuperGeeks!!!
- Gift Cards
- And More!!!
Stay-tuned for more prizes are added by generous sponsors!!! If you’re interested in donating awards or prizes please contact devin[at]bizgenics.org
Main Event: April 21st, 10am-3pm, Pearlridge Center Downtown, Open to the Public!
Got Questions? Contact Us »