9th Annual Lemonade Alley for Earth Day
Pearlridge Center Uptown: 98-1005 Moanalua Rd, Aiea, HI 96701
Lemonade Alley is an eco-entrepreneur challenge for teams of 1-5 students, grades K-12, to raise money for a charity or school group of their choice. Participation is on a first-come basis so sign up early! Here’s how to get started:
- Register your team to participate in Lemonade Alley, Sign Up Here »
- Organize Your Team: Teams of 1-5 students grades K-12 may be assembled from companies, nonprofits, schools, youth programs, families and/or friends. There are two divisions, K-6 and 7-12. Teams with students in both grade ranges must compete in the 7-12 division.
- $25/Student & Supplies Reimbursement: Lemonade Alley Student Kits include a workbook and event-day t-shirt, participation medal and certificate. Unlike previous years, there will not be a Lemonade Tax as the $25/student flat fee helps defray costs of the event. Teams may also seek reimbursement for supplies by turning in a Reimbursement form and receipts on the day of show at the Lemon Bank.
- Choose a Charity or School Group: Sales Income will first reimburse team supply reimbursements and the remainder will go to the charity or school group of your choice. A couple weeks after the end of the event, a check made out to your charity or school will be mailed to you so your team may present the donation.
- Pick Your Earth Day Track: Four projects are available:
- Lemonade Alley: Create a lemonade recipe & booth using recyclable materials.
- Cardboard Carnival: Create arcade games from recyclable materials.
- Upcycle Alley: Create clever products from various recyclable and reusable materials.
- Billion Trees of Aloha: Plant trees and support communities to become sustainable.
- Plan Your Eco-Conscious Booth: Each team will be assigned one 6′ long table and two chair location and access to power if requested. Teams may bring in additional furniture and equipment (most bring at least a second side mixing table. Booths should be made of recycled materials.
- Participate at our Live Event: Set up your team booth and sell your products in the Student Marketplace. Teams may arrive the day of the event at 8am to begin setting up their booths. In addition to selling at the Student Marketplace, teams will be invited to the main stage to present their products in terms of a taste test and a 1-minute pitch.
- Day of Judging: We have three main judging events that will take place at the event. See Competition Rules »
- Booth Judging: Judges will be looking for retail service flow, sales communications, customer service, use of eco-conscious materials and a “Food Safety Certificate.” The certificate is only required for teams selling lemonade, simply post it on your booth, Download Food Safety Certificate »
- Business Plan: Post your brief 1-page business plan on your booth for judges to view, Download Business Plan »
- Taste Judging: Lemonade Alley teams will present their lemonade to a panel of judges. The Maker on the team will be interviewed during recipe submission.
- Pitch Judging: Teams will perform a 1-minute on-stage pitch/performance to a panel of judges on why you should buy their product.
- Report Triple Bottom Line Impacts: On the day of the event, teams will report on 3 questions. The questions will be presented on a deposit slip and turned in to the Tabulations Booth.
- How many people in need did you help or customers served?
- How much CO2 did you offset?
- Simply weigh the recyclable, reused and biodegradable items that you’ve used for your booth and product. Please identify this number before the event.
- How much money was raised for your charity or school group?
- Awards & Prizes: Look forward to amazing awards and prizes. See Lemonade Alley Awards »